The game of poker has been the same for thousands of years. The main difference is that the modern version is played with a 52-card deck. This is the most decks that were used in the games, and the poker game was not taken to the high seas. The suit of the cards changed with the continent, ranging from spades to diamonds to hearts. This is the story of the rich history of poker, told through the different chapters of the poker story.
The German version of poker is the one that was most influenced by the French. Because of the pride of the German people they were more willing to adopt new ideas and new games. This is the reason for the very first poker game, the Germane-Poker, which took place in the early 16th century in the German town of Baden, and was spread by the Frenchmen across the border when they conquered Germany in the 17th century.
The French introduced many new games along with the new suits that they changed the standard deck to cards of five cards between a king of spades and a jack of spades and a queen of spades and a king of diamonds. This is the very first strategy that the French used in poker.
The deck thus consisted of 52 cards, the number of which was derived by the values of the cards in the deck. Therefore, four of spades represent fourorials and the king of spades represents a four-card flush, and the queen of spades represents a four-card flush, and so on.
The suits of the cards were thus: Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten, Nine, Eight, Seven, Six, Five, Four, Three, Two.
This is the German version of poker that was spoken and played during the time of the Middle Ages. When the game shifted into France, the cards were replaced by the slang word “feu” which means fool, and the cards were drawn from a bag.
During the historical poker period from the 17th to the 19th century, the game became very popular with noblemen and commoners both in Europe and the Americas, as well as with the upper classes in America.
They played with only two cards in their hand, and had to combine their hand with the cards that they hold to get the strongest poker hand. This is the basic rules of poker.
But there are many more rules that are specific to specific types of poker, as well as the values of the cards. Let’s quickly review the rules below so that you can learn how to play poker in lapak303 to win.
- Royal Flush: This is the strongest hand, also known as the royal flush, consisting of an Ace, King, Queen, Jack and Ten of the same suit. The ace can be used as a high card for high valued hands like a pair of tens or a full house — in this case the ace can also be used to put the highest value of the hand itself.
- Straight Flush: This hand is not as strong as the royal flush, but it can be won with a combination of the strait flush and five cards in the same suit. The five common cards must be in the same sequence or in the same suit. The ace can be used as a high card or a low card in STRONG PLAY.
- Four of a Kind(also called quads): In this hand the player has four cards of the same number, for example four tens, four Aces, or four nines. If there are two players with four of a kind, then the fifth card in the hand should be used as a kicker. That means the player with the fifth card may use a kicker to beat the player who has the other four of a kind.
- Full House: This hand consists of three cards of the same number and another two cards of the same number.
- Flush: This hand has five cards in the same sequence, but not of the same suit. The cards should be distributed face down. If another player has the flush, the other player also has to make a decision whether to call or raise.
- Straight: This hand has five cards in the same sequence, but not of the same suit. It is distributed face up. If another player has the straight, the other player also has to make a decision whether to call or raise.
- Three of a Kind(also known as trips): This hand contains three cards of the same number.
- Two Pairs: This hand contains two cards of the same number. The pairs should be separated by only one number, such as ace, king, queen or jack, and then another two cards of the same number.
- One Pair: This hand contains two cards of the same number.